I was so excited to do a post on a super sexy club outfit but this week just did not permit it…and now I’m sick!
But I would never leave you ladies hanging so today I’m going to write a post that will benefit you in many ways. Think of this as four posts in one.
Today’s topic: COCONUT OIL!
So coconut oil is basically this fatty oil taken from the coconut. Pretty complicated to understand, right?
Anyway, over the past few years coconut oil exploded in the beauty and fitness world and people were using it for everything.
One of the ways people use coconut oil is in food. This was the first thing I’ve ever heard was used for coconut oil and I honestly thought it was so weird and not appetizing. I mean if you’ve ever even seen coconut oil, I don’t think the first thing that comes to your mind is, “I want that in my mouth.” But maybe that’s just me.
- Fights off viruses and bacteria
- Improves insulin within your body resulting in having a stronger control in handling your blood sugar
- Boosts thyroid function
- Speeds up your metabolism
- Promotes stronger endurance
- Raises your energy level
- Increases digestion
- Helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins
Coconut oil is also used in hair. I’ve always heard about the numerous benefits coconut oil has for hair and time and time again I’ve heard models and hair care specialists talk about using coconut oil for days. And by the looks of their hair, they must be doing something right.
- Boiling sage leaves with coconut oil and applying it to your scalp, helps with healthy hair and hair loss.
- Mixing coconut oil with lime water prevents hair loss.
- Coconut oil also fights off protein loss, resulting in strong and healthy hair.
I’m pretty excited to share with you the benefits coconut oil has for your skin. I’m always looking for new products that promote a healthy glow and anti-aging. Don’t ask me why, but I’m sure you’ll see many posts on anti-aging products…it’s an obsession.
- Coconut oil has Vitamin E which is essential for promoting skin repair. It also moisturizes your skin, resulting in less cracking, or premature aging and wrinkling.
- In need of a lip balm? Use coconut oil. Like the tip above, coconut oil repairs the skin and reduces cracking that we all try to avoid.
- Along with moisturizing, coconut oil also leaves your skin feeling soft at touch.
- Coconut oil is also used as makeup remover. I’ve used all kinds of makeup removers and some leave my face feeling heavier or even dry after using it. Coconut oil is a natural remedy that does it all.
The beauty tip is probably the strangest. It’s called Oil Pulling. For those of you that haven’t heard of it, it is a technique that is beneficial to your mouth. You take a teaspoon of coconut oil and swish the oil in your mouth (try not to gag). Make sure to never swallow the oil throughout the process and spit it out after, in a ladylike manner of course. I’ve heard of people doing it for a few minutes every morning to 20 minutes! Maybe if I do it enough, I’ll get to that half hour…I’ll keep you updated.
- Cleaning your mouth, gums and in between your teeth by removing bacteria and other particles.
- Fights gum disease and tooth decay.
- FAVORITE ALERT: Whiter, brighter teeth!
- Increased energy
- Better sleep
- Prevents bad breath
- Decreased headaches
So there you have it girls. Do I even need to sum up this post by talking about how great coconut oil is?I think it speaks for itself. Luckily, coconut is found nearly everywhere including supermarkets.
Happy shopping and oil pulling ladies.